CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Warm River

I am sad to see summer go, but what a wonderful weekend to end it with! We went to Warm River which is in Ashton, ID near Island Park where Eric's family has a cabin. It is awesome because the cabin is right where the Snake and the Warm River meet and there is tons to do. My family went for the first time and some of Eric's family was there too. We did a lot of sitting around the campfire roasting mallows for s'mores (my favorite part), playing a bit in the water and hiking. Eric's crazy new favorite water sport is river boarding, which involves riding the current on the river with a rope tied to a bridge or tree. He made his own board and he and Travis were actually able to surf on the river. Check it out!

Meanwhile, Liss and I sat and ate slices of watermelon bigger than our heads.

Mesa FallsHike

9 comments:

Leah said...

I just got to your blog through Nicoles.....so cute. I cant believe your beautiful little girl...she is getting so big. Looks like you have settled right into life in boise...are you loving it? what a fun summer!!!

Tonya said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had a great weekend! Sorry I missed doing something for our Tuesday get-together already. . . we'll have to catch up next week!

The Ballou's said...

I am SO SAD we missed the River this year. We will just have to make up for it next summer I guess. Glad you guys had fun.

Cam Ballou said...

River boarding? That sounds awesome, never would have thought it :) Did you see any dead rats in the trailer? Has that disgusting thing burned to the ground yet??

Annilee said...

So fun, I am sure that it was a blast up there. I sure had fun when we went, I am glad that you are enjoying Idaho! And where are these workout tips that you promised??

Em said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you got some of Travis while I went back with the savage to take a nap. We had a lot of fun with you guys and your family, I'm sure next year will be even better!

holly said...

river boarding looks AWESOME! One more thing to add to the list of things to do at the river.

We are having a Ballou girls night, Conference weekend for Lili's baby shower. We are getting a hotel in Park City Friday night. Call me and let me know if you and baby Eva can make it! I need to see Eva!!! and you too, but we all know that as soon as we have kids we take a back seat right! Hope you can come! My # is 699.7024

Sally said...

Hi Nicole! I found you through Megan's blog. It was fun to get caught up on your ID life. Eva is getting so big and so cute! The pictures of her in her "swimming suit" at the "beach" were adorable!

nielsen said...

That all looks like so much fun... we love Island Park. I can't believe how big Eva is getting... and cuter with each picture! Looks like you guys are loving it, and who wouldn't with so much to do! The outdoors are the best.