CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mikes New Smile

Eric, or should I say Dr. Ballou, did a smile makeover on my brother Mike this weekend. Mike flew in Friday morning from Nevada (where he is living) and I took him straight to the dental office so Eric could get started prepping for two veneers. While Mike hung out with Eva and I on Saturday morning, Eric did a wax-up of the new veneers or crowns, made the model in the lab, and Monday morning, using the Cerec computer program, designed Mike's new crowns. The Cerec milled the veneers out of a solid block of porcelain and then Eric customized the shape and used a paintbrush to add a little color and highlights before he glazed the crowns in an oven. He delivered the crowns and they look beautiful. What a difference just changing two teeth can make in your appearance and in your confidence to show your smile.


8 comments:

David & Vanessa said...

Nicole!

Aw so good to hear from you!! I have really been wondering how you guys were liking Boise. From what I can read here, you guys are having a blast! I'm so glad. You guys being out there makes me miss Idaho so much. Say hi to Eric for me! Thanks for finding us. I'll add you guys to our friends thing so we can keep in better touch! Thanks for the congrats, we are soo super excited for this.

It seems like you're really enjoying motherhood, any tips for when we have our newborn??

David & Vanessa said...

p.s. cute brother!

Annilee said...

Nice work Eric, I love to see people smile bigger and more confidently! What a studlier stud than before!

Lyndsay said...

Looks GREAT!! Good job Dr. Ballou!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Good job, Eric--that is really cool! Mike looks like he is doing great--such cute pictures with Eva.

Colby and Emily said...

Hey Nicole!
How are you? Jen told me you had a blog so I tracked you down :) I see you're living in Idaho?! Your little girl is so adorable! WoW time flies! Hope all is well, keep in touch!
Emily (colbyandemily.blogspot.com)

Em said...

Nice work! I can't believe how much he looks like your Dad! Tell Dr. Ballou I am very impressed.

Jani Jo said...

Great job Eric! The veneers turned out beautifully!