CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Workout Tip of the Week: Keep Moving!

Now that swimsuit season is about over, it's not as easy for most of us to stay on top of our workouts. So my first tip includes just a little motivation to keep you going (or to get you going!)

Make a little list of the activities/sports that you like to do such as walking, running, tennis, dance, aerobics, biking, chasing kids outside, etc. Then, look at your planner to see what days and times you can workout the following week. Pick at least 2-3 workouts of at least 30 minutes and actually write down the activity and time you will do it as if you are making an appointment for yourself. You will be surprised at how efficient you will be at getting all of the other things done on your list after you have had some fun and done your body some good! Kids make it difficult? Bring them along in the stroller or do a workout video or tell your hubby you want to start doing better with your workouts. He will most likely encourage you and help you out with the kids. Eric has been awesome and watches Eva thursday mornings before work while I go running with friends. I also decided I was going to go jogging (with Eva) in a different place every week. I did this last week and went to a new cool part of town I had never been to called Hyde Park. I was in a better mood the rest of the day and Eric encouraged me to do it again the following week suggesting a few cool places in Boise.

Remember: The best form of exercise is the one that you will do! Have fun!

4 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Good suggestion! I have been losing my motivation to exercise regularly...I'm always too tired. I will have to give this a try.

Cristi said...

Love your tips...now I got to just get out there and actually start doing them!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Good tip--I will try it this week!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.