CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

1st Run: Deadly but Fun

This morning I went running for the first time since I had Eva. Except it wasn't just running. It was 6 miles and a full hour of trail running up and down a mountain (probably a hill, but felt like Mount Everest). Some friends from my ward invited me and I got beat down by a very fit mother of 6 and her daughter and friend. Huffing and puffing I ran the whole way with them but I had to keep up to avoid getting lost and turned around. Yes, I'm a personal trainer, but hey. Those 2 mile walk-jogs on the Greenbelt Parkway with Eva and a little kickboxing are all I have been doing. It was great to have somebody to challenge me and to be able to go before Eric left for work. I loved seeing the beautiful morning sun come up over the mountains. If I'm not still sore, maybe I'll go again next week.

5 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

I am impressed! I can't run to save my life :-) I am running a 10K with Holly and Ashley over labor day but I know I will be walking 75% of it!

Nicole said...

way to go...I have only run 6 miles the one time. and I know that it wasn't that hard for you...you are always in great shape!

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

We found you guys! Thank goodness for blog hoppin'! We really miss having you guys in the neighborhood...now we're the only white people on the block! We also took our annual pre-school trip to the beach and we missed you guys...it just wasn't the same.

Eva just gets more and more gorgeous!

Look us up at http://daveashley.blogspot.com

Dave and Ashley Gay

Tonya said...

Way to go!!! I'm assuming that was with the Vaterlaus girls. . . they are wicked in shape!! I'm very impressed. :)

Katrina said...

Nicole - I feel for you! I ran the Monument Avenue 10K just six weeks after I had Garrett. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but I sure was sore! I don't think my body was quite ready for that many miles, especially considering I hadn't run for months. You'll be back at it in no time!!

Eva is darling! You guys are so cute - you should be in a magazine!!