CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Amigos de Peru

Feliz Dia de la Independencia!

Eric took me to Peru last year and I got to meet some of the wonderful people he served while on his mission (LDS) and to see some of the world's most amazing sights. We went to Machu Picchu, Cuzco, Lircay, Lima, Ayacucho, Huancayo and Huancavalica. We promised our friends there we would send pictures and we are finally posting some for them.

It was an incredible trip. I am grateful for the people I met there and what I learned from them. They didn't have much, but wanted to give us what they had. I came home with a new perspective on life and a desire to be a better person.

I'll never forget the feeling I had while standing in the clouds at Machu Picchu. It was peaceful, serene and mysterious at the same time. I can't wait to go back!

We went to a party the other night celebrating Peru's Independence Day here in Boise and eating the food just reminded me so much of our trip. So I started looking at our pictures.....there are kind of a lot.

Climbing up Waynu Picchu
I fell in love with llamas but no one would let me ride one.
Cuzco

Hotel in Cuzco

A chola in traditional dress. I was wishing I was wearing the same thing.

Lircay friends



Our friends in Lircay prepared a very nice dinner for us.


Lima friends

Sister Reynaga prepared a fabulous meal for us with all of the traditional Peruvian dishes.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Yay! I'm glad you found me! Your blog is great--I'm on the run but I'll check it out in more detail later! :) Yes, we shoudl hang out next week. :) See ya!
Tonya

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

That's one of the trips I'd really like to make one day.

Jordan said...

That looks like an amazing trip! I love how Eric is so tall. Maybe I should send Jordan there.