CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Peru Cake

Does it look like I worked at Schmidt's Pastry Cottage?

Eva and I had fun baking this cake that we took to a Peru party, celebrating Peru's Independence Day. I tried building Machu Picchu on a cake using chocolate squares. It took me back to those funny days our sophomore year when I worked at Schmidt's with my friends Kim, Annilee and Ashley. As you can see I was never a cake-decorator. But I did have to write Happy Birthday many times on cakes. But what we got really good at was dipping things in chocolate (cookies, eclairs, hands) and putting our mouths up to the custard machine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I have such a fear of traveling to another country, but I may have to turn a new leaf aftering hearing and seeing how much fun you had on your trip. There was a time when I felt I could go anywhere, but something in the last 4 years has changed and I am terrified. Ahhh, thanks for sharing your travels. Hope you are well... Tell Eric hello, I know Nick has been trying to get a hold of him. Not sure if they have been able to talk yet.

Bianca said...

Hi Nicole and Eric! I love your pictures on here. Peru looks like it was amazing! How is Boise treating you guys? Eva is getting so big! She is beautiful. We hope you guys will get to come out to VA to visit sometime soon.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Hahaha--you have mad cake decorating skills, about the same as me! I still cannot eat an eclair to this day--but I will always love schmidty's.