CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

27!

Wrinkles?

I turned 27 on friday and boy does it feel a lot older than 26. Last year I still felt far from the dreaded 30, but now I'm really creeping up on it. Ahh! Actually, I don't know what the big deal is about 30. I'm having some of the best times in my life right now and my parents say that this is the best time of life- when your kids are little. I suppose we are wary of 30 because as a kid, 30 seemed so old. We laugh because when Eric was little he said he would get a porsche when he turned 30. Now it's more like 50, if that! I think it's just fun to talk about how you're getting old and hope that your spouse throws you a surprise party for your 30th.

I had a wonderful birthday. It started out with Eva and I shopping at Target where I found some cute shoes for a killer deal. My parents sent me a new iPod which was a total fun surprise. Then our friend Colleen came and picked Eva up so Eric and I could go out. It was so nice to have some alone time together. He surprised me with my favorite kind of roses and a new camera that I love. I have taken a lot of pictures ever since and I think Eva is getting used to having a camera in her face. After our date, we went to our friends the Jarvis's to pick Eva up and they had made me a chocolate cake! Perfect way to end a birthday for me. I had 2 big pieces and didn't feel one bit bad. Probably because Annilee told me to eat lots of cake.

Eva is growing up before our very eyes. It is so fun to watch her learn new things. She can almost crawl, she claps her hands when you say YAY, and she bites you with her new tooth. One new trick that I am not too fond of is when she pushes food away with her hands and then rubs the remains in her hair. Eric decided to get creative tonight and he fed her an entire serving of carrots on a chip. I don't know how that was better than a spoon, but it worked ! Silly girl.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday beautiful niece of mine. I sure do love you guys!

Nicole said...

Sounds like such a great day! Glad we got to chat a little bit! A new camera is always so fun! And I love to see all the pics! Eva is growing up!

Jody said...

Happy Birthday!! That sounds like a great way to kick off #27! Eva is so adorable, I love that one of her biting Eric's nose - too cute!!

Paige said...

Eva is getting so big, she is adorable! sounds like you guys had a great holiday season! you're a darling 27 year old...I can completely relate to your feelings about the big 30!

Annilee said...

I am so glad that you followed instructions and ate lots of cake! Good to hear that you had a fun birthday, as for 30, bring it on-you look as good today as you did when we were 18!

Tonya said...

Happy Late Birthday!! Jeeze I feel like a dork for not even knowing about it. I would have brought you a treat when I came over. :P Anyways, Eva is adorable as usual.

Em said...

I can't believe how much she has grown in just a month! She looks so big on that horse. I remember when she got those ruffle bum pants and i thought "Oh she isn't going to be big enough to wear those forever!" then BAM she's a big girl. Happy birthday you old geezer!

none said...

Happy late Birthday Nicole! Hope you are all doing well. Eva is getting big and soo cute. Keep taking the pics with your new cameral... it's fun to see you all!

Brenda Fisher said...

Happy birthday! Eva is beautiful and I can't believe how big she is getting! Give her a kiss from us!

wannabee free said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I will turn 31 in a few days and must say 30 was one of the best years yet, even with all of the financial difficulties et al. It just gets better and better, although I must say your life seems perfect already! :)
Eva looks so much like you, it is wonderful. You look like you should be named something french and sexy, not that Nicole isn't, but you have a gorgeous look that calls for something exotic.