CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Petting Zoo

When I heard that there was a petting zoo at the fair, I just had to take Eva, even though I have never been crazy about the fair with it's crowds, the heat and the rides that look like they could break any second. So to avoid all of that, I took her myself one morning knowing she wouldn't make me go on any of those scary rides. We had a great time! Our first stop was the goats, which she can say clearly now. "Goat!" I thought the little baby goats were so cute. Then we got cockadoodledooed at by this grouchy old rooster. You can tell by Eva's face that he kind of startled us! One thing I was amused at was the grooming of the cows. I suppose if I went to the fair to buy a cow I would want the prettiest one, but I actually saw someone blowdrying a cow's fur while brushing it so it would stand up nice and straight on it's back! Maybe this is common practice- I wouldn't know. I still need to ask Eric and Emily who grew up in Erda, UT.

The carousel was fabulously fun, but short and $4 a ride. So we only rode once but loved every second. I think I may go back next year as long as the carousel is the only ride I have to go on.

1 comments:

Jani Jo said...

Hey Nicole! Your little one keeps getting cuter & cuter. What a darling:) That was so cute of you to take her to the petting zoo. I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend! Glad to see you are all doing great! Tell the family 'hi'.