CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Eva!



Our Eva girl is 1! She has added so much joy, laughter and meaning to our lives. I feel so blessed to be her mom. She makes me laugh every day with the funny things she does. One of her favorite things is running around the house in her walker. Today she came out from the office and the tray on her walker was loaded with pens, pencils, and markers (and the box they were in dragging inside the walker). Ahh! With a big smile on her face and a little ink on her tongue, she came out to show me what she had found. I suppose I need to follow her around and keep a better eye on her or do a better job at child-proofing. She is an army-crawling champ, but doesn't have a lot of patience and would rather be on her feet. She has been teething- just two so far on the bottom but I think she is getting top ones. She has been a little fussy lately so they must be coming. It's sad, but sometimes amusingly funny to see her get mad. She arches her back and while crying, she rolls her tongue. Eric thinks it's just a sign she'll be an excellent spanish speaker.

I was really looking forward to having a little party for Eva this weekend. My parents and sister were planning on coming and then had to back out at the last minute (for good reasons). I was so sad, so they sent us this beautiful fruit boquet. It was so yummy. Eva took a strawberry in each hand and went to town then she had fun tasting a chocolate-dipped pineapple.



We were glad to have Eric's Dad come stay for a couple days. He came to see us and to have some dental work done. So he had birthday cake with us and got to see Eva dive into her first cupcake after he helped her blow out her candle.


Happy Birthday to my little sweetie!

10 comments:

LauriAnn said...

Happy Birthday Eva! I totally love the cupcake pictures. One is such a fun age.

Jani Jo said...

Eva is the most darling 1-yr-old! I think that sounds like a fabulous birthday! And I loved the 'tower of cupcakes'--so cute Nicole! What a fun girl:)

Holly said...

I can't believe you guys have a one year old! Happy Birthday Eva!
It's so fun to see what you guys are up to! We've been out of touch for way too long! Let us know if you're ever down south! We'll let you know if we ever make it up to Boise! Maybe we'll have to plan another Vegas trip like so many years ago!

The Chatterton Family said...

Happy Birthday Eva! wow, has it really been a year! She is such a cute mess in those birthday pictures.

Annilee said...

I can't believe that she is already one...did you get my text on her birthday? I am not sure if I have the right cell number for you. I am glad to see that she knows how to get down and dirty when it comes to chocolate cake. Good luck with teething...

Dave and Ashley Gay said...

I can't believe she's one! I am remembering how tiny she was when you brought her home from the hospital...

We're coming out to Utah this summer in July, maybe we'll be lucky and catch you there!

Anonymous said...

I sure love my little birthday girl!

Hugs, Kisses and SQUEEZES!!!

See you in a few days sweetheart...

Grandma Christy

The Buckwalter Four said...

Okay - so I haven't been blog-surfin' in forever. SOO fun to see you guys and baby! Can't believe she is 1! Hope you all are well. Lots of love to you!

Nicole said...

Oh Man! I can't believe a year has passed already! She has grown up so much and is so cute!!! Wow...I miss you guys and miss seeing Eva grow up! If we make it to Ut anytime this summer maybe we will be able to get together! Glad she had a good birthday!

Leah said...

seriously, i can't believe your little girl is one.....crazy! hope you guys are doing well in Boise! Eva is adorable!