CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fun Week in Salt Lake and Park City

Eva and I drove down to Salt Lake for a full week in anticipation of the Ballou-girl weekend in Park City. It is a fun tradition where all of the girls in the Ballou extended family stay in a hotel in Park City, have a big sleepover, eat lots of yummy food, and shop! It was a splendid time and I can't wait for the next one. Shopping with Nancy, Meg and Em was my favorite part I have to say....and well, eating too! I wish I had some pictures, but we're waiting for photographer Tonya to show us the cute ones she took. Missed you Ashley and Tara!


We also had a fun time with my family hiking and seeing the beautiful fall colors. Living away from SLC makes me appreciate the amazing mountains there even more. I loved walking through the leaves with my girl.


I love downtown Salt Lake so we met my Dad for lunch and went to the Nauvoo Cafe.
Eva is 7 months old and I still have not put bumper pads in her crib yet. Until now! Poor girl has been bumping her head. So my sweet mother in law helped me make some bumper pads, a quilt, and skirt. Actually, she did most of it because she is a talented seamstress, but I helped by occasionally threading the needle. She did an amazing job. Eva loves her new bedding!
It was a wonderful week, but we missed Eric and I think he missed us too. He's so sweet. When we got home, I walked into a spotless house with flowers, chocolates and a note on the counter.

6 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

It was good to see you and Eva - she is a cutie! Glad you had fun.

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Okay, that bedding is darling. I need a girl!! Sorry I missed you this weekend. Let me know when you are coming back and we'll plan something for sure.

Nicole said...

such cute bedding. love it and the fabric. great choice!!! we are coming to ut in dec..hopefully we will be able to see you. Eva is looking so grown up but so little and you look so pretty. love the pic with your mom and sis...you guys are beautiful!

Laurie & Clint said...

Such cute girls! Eva is getting big! Hopefully when I come home for Christmas I will get to see her in person!

Brenda Fisher said...

What a sweet husband you have! That is awesome! It was so fun to see you and Eva! We love you guys so much!

Paige said...

Cute cute cute bedding. Give Eric some brownie points, he's such a good guy! oh ya and You're a stinker for not calling me if you were in SLC.....just kidding I know it's hard when you're with family...ever minute goes by so fast! glad you had fun. I have to agree the mountains are the BEST